2/25/10

What a Difference a Year Makes...


Tomorrow marks the day I met my partner (in life and for life) and I am one giddy girl! Thinking back to this day last year, I can safely say I wasn't expecting to be planning a wedding only one year later. Hell, I can safely say I didn't even think I was going to meet a guy the very next day that was able to see straight into me while singing every Cher song imaginable with Lisa Lisa (the girl so nice they named her twice! Is it wrong that I want to find a way to incorporate B&Bs into the wedding celebrations? Engagement photo shoot perhaps?!)

I walked away that night knowing I had met someone so special, someone that was going to make a huge difference in my life. Within 45 minutes of knowing each other, we had covered so many life stories that it's no wonder, one year later, it feels like we've known each other forever.


In the past year, we've met each other's family. He's great with the niece and nephews - he even suffers the eventual black and blue marks that Katie leaves behind after her perpetual pinching. Hard to tell her to stop as she giggles the whole time she nips and twists.

We've learned so much about what drives us, what motivates us, what our passions are. In the past few months, Andy has chosen to follow his dream and create the career in golf he's always wanted. Experiencing his ambition and his determination has made me so proud and so confident in his success.

And of course, we've gone through the bumps and challenges that living together and building a life together inevitably bring about. He drives me absolutely crazy and I love every minute of it.

I'm so looking forward to the bumps, the laughs, the dreams and the love we share together for the next 50 years (at least)!

No comments:

Post a Comment