I got the call. My dress has arrived at the shop. I was told it would take 6 weeks and it took 2. And now I have what feels like 1000 thoughts running through my mind as I get ready to go pick it up Saturday.
1. Where the heck do I store it? Besides the fact that we only have one closet that is full-length and that happens to be the coat closet under the stairs (our clothes are stored in a wall to wall custom built wardrobe style thingy), I don't want Marrv seeing it pre-wedding. I know more and more couples are doing things differently, but this is probably that one small tradition I'm choosing to hold on to.
2. With that said, I immediately thought to take it to my aunt's home (the aunt I went shopping with) out in the 'burbs. She just also happens to be out on the west coast for the next month visiting my sister. So then I started to wonder, will it be ok in a closet in her home with no air condition going on for another month? I don't even know if that's a ridiculous thing to be concerned about or not. But I am. So what do you think - does a home with no air condition turned off for the next month and a much warmer than average summer happening have the possibility of destroying my newly purchased dress?
3. Is it wrong to be eyeing shoes that cost almost as much as the dress? How soon did people then buy their shoes? Should I definitely have "the pair" ready for when I go for alterations?
4. And alterations! Is it just easiest/best to do it at the store where I bought the dress? (the thought of scary Russian alteration lady fussing on me again certainly doesn't have a calming effect)
5. Alterations also means I need to get my act in gear related to the bits that will go on first, underneath the dress. All those fancy pull, lift, squeeze, smooth bits. (and that's as far as I go discussing that since I know the in-laws read this from time to time - Hello Marrvelouses!)
6. What else do I need to consider, think about, stress over, freak out on?