8/12/10

Look Out Oprah!!

(And yes. There will be Cheezborger! Cheezborger! involved. And no pepsi, coke!)



I'm coming to your house! Or rather, one of your bajillion houses all over the world.

Heading to Chicago tomorrow morning for a quick mini girls' weekend away! My group of girl friends from college, who I've talked about on here before - see here and here - are spread out all over the country (and actually world...we've got one who currently resides in India with hubby and baby). Close friends for over 10 years now and I feel so lucky every day that these 5 fabulous women are still in my life.

With age though comes a)being spread out all over the world b)marriages c)real jobs that require us to actually work and not take as much time adventuring as we'd like d) multiple babies (!). We all decided at the beginning of this year that we could use a girls only weekend - it's been so long since we've done something like this and then it became a question of where. Since there is a west coaster and many east coasters, we settled on Chicago. And just as it took forever to find a weekend that worked for all of us, well, what started as a 6 person trip is now down to 3. Oh well, life happens.

But us 3 are planning on totally living it up with deep dish pizza, booze, bike tours (Oprah's house!), dinner at one of Rick Bayless's restaurants (I'm counting down the minutees), plenty of good old fashioned mid-western charm and more booze.

Enjoy the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Have fun in my hometown! I will try not to kill you with my rays of jealousy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry - Totally thought of you! Will give you full recap next week! last year was my first trip to Chicago and I L-O-V-E-D it. I loved it so much I thought about moving there and then realized
    I would spend weeks hibernating during the winters and I would become an even bigger winter-bitch than I already am...and that's no good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds like so much fun. I am jealous, although less so than Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tagged you for an award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great time!

    I've never been to Chicago--definitely one of those places on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME.

    i was DETERMINED that getting older wouldn't end the girls-nights. but it totally does. *sigh*

    good for you for carrying the torch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "And all for our little, tiny, insignificant marriage celebration."

    GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO! Dear SMK... intimate or huge, brunch or seated dinner, all weddings are a big deal. They are a celebration of love. People WANT to be there and they want to see you happy. We had folks from the west coast fly out for a night and all of them told us how much they loved being with us.

    Sometimes weddings can be a strain on the wallet, but people do it. I've done for people I love and they will do it for you and Marvv. :)

    ReplyDelete